Hiking in Dubai | The Most Adventure Activity in Dubai
Are you seeking to explore the wilderness right here in Dubai? Enjoy various spots throughout Dubai & the UAE offering hiking in Dubai with amazing trips and expeditions to all.
Hiking in Dubai starts from around Dhs300 and more often than not includes light meals during the daytime (e.g. a sandwich). For more premium packages, equipment such as bags, water bottles, and transportation will always be included.
See below for the best hikes to try around Dubai.
Trails for Hiking in Dubai
Wadi Monay, Ras Al Khaimah
Venture into the historic terrain off the Sharjah/Kalba Highway, approximately 1.5 hours from Dubai. The hiking takes three-to-four hours and participants go through the ruins of ancient settlements and across different terrain.
On the hike, move up a boulder-filled wadi all the way down to the settlement’s location. Continue over a ridge and you’ll be greeted with breathtaking vistas of the Hajar Mountains, before taking a gentle descent.
The solidity of the terrain makes the trip bearable. This comes with a guarantee of little to no scree on the route. Notable, the easiest to maneuver beginner trails are found in Wadi Showka and Wadi Monday,”. This according to Amy Subaey-The founder of UAE Trekkers, operating around this area.
The most astounding thing about this hiking in Dubai is that of being perfect for kids too. Some of its incredible features include:
- Tons of interesting rocks
- Plants and small creatures including lizards and geckos,
These unique experiences greatly enhance a kid’s encounter. The hike also offers unique and dramatic scenery, and the best part is its proximity to Dubai and just two hours from Abu Dhabi.
Al Qudra Lakes, Dubai
The trail is perfect for inexperienced hikers or visitors who prefer a leisurely hike. You could go biking or walk from ‘The Last Exit’. The Total length of the trail is (86km) and if you are biking there is a 50km loop option.
Wadi Lasal in Sharjah is next on this list of hiking in Dubai. The hiking trail is best suited for amateur hikers according to experts. It features circular strips of meandering trails stretching for up to 6.2 miles.
The exciting 3-hour journey here comes with occasional pit stops to soak in the stunning sights. Wadi Lasal is also very popular with bikers in Dubai who fancy camping near the dam. The hiking venue is approximately 90 kilometers from Dubai.
The best route to the trail is by using the Shawka/Manama exit on the Sharjah-Kalba Road. Then take a 5-kilometer drive before taking a left turn towards the dam.
Jebel Hafeet – Al Ain
Saving the best for the last! Jabel Hafeet – Al Ain hiking in Dubai is preferred by some of the best more experienced hikers. It is located in Al Ain-At Least 2 hours from Dubai making it perfect for a day trip.
Even more fascinating, the mountain stands third as the highest mountain in the UAE (But not the highest) at 1,240km. The steepness makes it difficult for an average walker because some serious terrain has to be covered including:
- Trekking poles
- Trekking boots
- Bring lots of drinking water
- Due to the steepness of the trail avoid embarking on the activity in the middle of the day. Go for it at sunrise or sunset. The views from the top will be truly worth it.
More Information about Hiking
Before Setting Off
- Tell a friend or family member about your hiking in Dubai.
- Bring with you a trail map.
- Bring all the right equipment.
- Ensure your mobile phone is fully charged.
Precautions on the Trail
- Wear the right, comfortable clothing, and safety gear.
- Be sure to follow the official signage and directions. Be on the lookout for warning signs.
- Always expect the unexpected
- Stay polite and courteous to other hikers.
- Leave the trails clean and tidy.
- Utilize the designated toilet and shower facilities. Be discreet and respectful.
- Always throw trash in designated areas.
- Have a fantastic rest of the day unwinding back at your accommodation.
Every now and then we all need some fresh air. And there is no better way of getting this than by taking a rejuvenating hike in the mountains! Spring promises great weather, neither too hot nor too cold. The perfect clement weather to be enjoyed over long walks and trails amidst the beautiful mountains.